NEN 0.00% 22.0¢ neon capital ltd

Not possible Gottsy. See my explanation below.Any gas frm those...

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Not possible Gottsy. See my explanation below.

Any gas frm those zones would have been circulated out with the drilling mud. The only way a gas sample is taken is when ENI ran the logs, esp MDT. See link to this.

http://www.slb.com/~/media/Files/resources/mearr/wer16/rel_pub_mewer16_3.pdf

An MDT tool would have recorded the pressure from the relevant payzones & it has multiple sample chambers which should have store an insitu fluid sample, assuming there were no blockages or issues with the tool.

The record of a gaskick should exist on the mudlogger's printouts which should show the time the gas peak & associated pit level volume increase as they must have circulated the gas out & known the relevant gas composition frm the gas chromatograph, ie C1, C2 etc. That's how it works.

An Ops Geo can request a PDF copy of this log as well as MDT results, in this stoneage. And to call it a commercial success, one needs a flowtest result.

ENI should also have the geophysical logs by now for the 9" cased section, which has the 3 zones safely behind the casing & may flowtest those after perforating the casing.

If they intend to drill any further, they need to keep the right mud weight, rather then underbalance drilling which could be an epic stuff-up IMHO.

This heavy mud will counteract any further gas kick on the shakers & returns pits.

The drawback of a higher MW (using Barite) is that it can fracture the formation & cause more leaks in a fragile formation. The mudlosses r easily fixed using LCM, but it becomes a costly exercise. So just hope that they r able to sort out the BOP issue first, b4 even drilling further.

Summary below,

Cased hole depth: 2509m (3 zones behind 9" steel casing)

Overpressure zone: 2568m (59m to go)

Planned TD: 2826m (317m to TD)

Just my thoughts for now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.