PBG 0.00% $1.15 pacific brands limited

Hi Brentstory and drummnutt,Saw this in another forum and...

1. 11,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1758
    Hi Brentstory and drummnutt,

Saw this in another forum and quoting it here. I am interested to hear your comments. I am still keeping my PBG. PBG has hold up reasonably well after the rights issue and profit taking. It has retraced a bit on very light volume.I know drummnutt don't like PBG at this level, whereas I do not think it is likely to return to 40c. Do you think there is a chance that it will go up to $1.20 or $1.60 as reported in the quote below?

This is a quote from Eureka in its interview with David Paradice which had a substantial investment in PBG.

"Pacific Brands was one of those companies where we kind of felt that it had to raise money and we thought it was a good opportunity to buy that stock. Again, youve had huge P/E contractions and youve had big earnings contractions and youve got big debt numbers. The reduced earnings forecasts contribute to this meltdown in the share price, which creates a downdraft that stocks like Pacific Brands get caught up in.

They raised $253 million and we had an existing position and then we topped up again. The stock itself is worth over $1 (its trading at about 88" at the moment) and its a stock which, although not fantastic quality, is just too cheap. Fair value could be $1.201.50. Its a another good example of the P/E contraction where you go from paying four times in a bear market to paying 10 times in a bull market. Thats a 150% increase in the price."

You still think I should sell my PBG now and wait for it to drop to 40c or 60c to buy them back?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.