FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

Article in Australian, page-128

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    Posted this over on the WPL thread on the 24th
    Thought that it had relevance here now in light of the article.
    I don't believe there will be a protracted legal dispute.
    WPL have been idiots, and PC's news release just makes him look like more of an amateur.

Because notwithstanding that FAR is an opportunistic tiddler
    However WPL is not that big in the scheme of things.
    Senegal is an ex French colony. Total is big in that part of the world. The Senegalese Govt is close to the french.
    It is interesting to note that Totals name keeps coming up again and again.
    The trump card here is held by the Senegalese govt.
    What they want, and those in behind them, they will get. FAR may just be the vehicle for them to get want they want.
    FAR may be a cockabully, but WPL is just a sprat.
    Don't think that FAR could never fund this or pull it off. If the big boys want it to happen money will not be a problem.
    Before they discovered iol and apparently lots of it nobody cared.
    Now this is the hottest oil real estate in the world.
    Every one has their eyes on it.
    Exxon's name repeatedly come up as well. This is FAR from a done deal.
    PC will be sweating.

IF I thought PC was sweating then he must be doubly so now.
    In fact when I stated above that he is acting like an amateur that is probably not correct. He is in fact acting like a desparate man knowing that it is all but lost.
    Don't necessarily expect a TO bid from WPL now. They will now know that a TO is not going to get them out of this hole.
    My guess is that it is all over bar the shouting,
    "what the Senegalese Govt, FAR and their backers want, the Senegalese govt, Far and their backers will get". And when WPL take a hike, they will have deserved it.
    And when COP miss out on their OOR then good job too. Serves then right for entering into sleezy side deals.
    COP/WPL have been the architects of their own demise. Their greed and sleeze have made it easy to undo this deal.
    Not over yet, but I suspect close to it!
    What a crazy press statement!! From the CEO of a top Australian corporation!!
    What an idiot. What was he thinking! The international O & G industry must be rolling on the floor!
    The world financial/business community looking on say, "how not to do it".
    You only prosecute this stuff in the media when you know it is all but lost.

Would be hilarious and such rich irony, if it turned out to be Exxon!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.