AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

triage/aussiediggeri think our resident alpha "2ic" nailed this...

1. 103 Posts.
    triage/aussiedigger
    i think our resident alpha "2ic" nailed this element in argy bargy a few months back- as at right now there is almost no sovereign risk- olaroz unlike uyuni has no locals living/working the area (argentina a far richer country than bolivia, folks don't need to scratch a living off a salt lake), jujuy province is keen as mustard on encouraging private mining development and it is likely the govt in buenos aires doesn't know a whole lot about what is going on with these salars (yet).

if there are going to be expropriation problems, it will be later, once mine development is completed or once it is producing big profits. by that point ORE will not be the domain of little retail punters like us (we will be long gone, banked our profits), it will be owned by fund managers, big auto companies, and they will cut in gov'ts and local bigshots to insure against this risk.

sovereign risk will certainly lead to a discount to what you can offload your ORE shares for in a few years, but don't for a minute think that anyone is going to bilk us out of our lease till the mine is built (else they would have to build the thing themselves).

argentina is not without guilt for pinching private property (and to nick it off gringos would not be unpopular with voters there), but it is quite the advanced country with a decent rule of law.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.