QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

Shakes,I didn't ask for a cut n paste on the definition of...

1. 4,600 Posts.
    Shakes,

I didn't ask for a cut n paste on the definition of Fragmentation from the Internet. I asked how you perceive market fragmentation is a benefit to QFX given their current financial and fundamentals situation.

"Who? As far as I'm aware there is no other subscription streaming service currently marketing their product in Australia."

As your well aware the big global streaming companies are all accessible from Australia via VPN. Even though they are not directly marketing in Australia they are still competitors which can't be ignored and written off.

Why I think Foxtel consider Netflix etc to be their biggest rivals in Australia instead of QFX, even though QFX is local.

"what price do you think QFX will launch their streaming only service? The current (by request only) $9.99 will be pretty attractive to consumers!

I phoned QFX customer services (since they didn't reply to this question via online) and asked about the $9.99 per month streaming only service. They said it was available now.

It's an interesting point and goes back to how much content Foxtel will ofer for $25 a month. Given QFX pricing at $9.99 a month is a good price and very competitive to Foxtel's offering, unless Foxtel are going to have content in excess of 2000 titles, that would then make QFX price and small amount of content seem expensive for what you get in comparison.

QFX major problem is content, as the play streaming only content is very small less than 600 titles and majority of those movies are very dated.

Run all the promotions, gift vouchers you want, difficult to turn trialists into subscribers if you don't have a large amount of content.

You only have to search through the streaming play list to see how weak the content currently is.

"Seriously? Where was the streaming capex coming from? Didn't realise significant capex was part of the 'KKR' business model."

I was only using KKR as an example of a private equity company who's M.O is to buy a company, run it as a lean as possible, operate it for a few years and then soon as showing a profit float it again and take the profit.

Hardly suggesting KKR would be interested in a micro spec like QFX. However a small equity investment company speacilising in this sector might of been interested two or three years ago.

imho it might of been the best option for Stephen Langsford to take two or three years ago, allow them to run QFX without the scrutiny of ASIC & Investors and requirement to hang out their dirty laundry for all to see.

They also might of had more resources, expertise and capital to kick start the company with after a restructure and more capital for daily operations.

Then after five years and once profitable, float the company again, take the profits and walk away.

Kat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.