IDC 0.00% 0.0¢ indochine mining limited

article

1. 168 Posts.

http://www.thenational.com.pg/?q=node/59554

Chan says exploration firms under scrutiny

Source:
    The National, Thursday November 14th, 2013
    By SHIRLEY MAULUDU

THE Mining Department is checking all exploration companies to make sure they have the capacity to fulfil work development plans, Mining Minister Byron Chan said.
    Chan said this when responding to Komo-Margarima MP Francis Potape, who argued in parliament yesterday that the continuous grant of exploration licences for Mt Kare gold project had to stop.
    Potape said the trend was not good for the landowners.
    “We need to stop somewhere because I think some of these companies are just stealing gold using exploration licences.”.
    “They seem to be drilling in the same spot after one company had already left. The mining department should come up with a policy on how many years an exploration licence should last.
    “For Mt Kare, can you stop this and issue a proper mining licence so that some actual gold mining coul really begin?
    “If they could not find gold, then it is about time they pack up and close that area,”
    However, Chan said at the moment, the current economic climate goes against the mining department’s intensions.
    “For advanced exploration company and mine like Mt Kare, we have taken that into consideration.
    “After 25 years of exploration, we have tied conditions towards the renewal of the licence.”
    He said that means, after 25 years, the company has to apply for licence renewal.
    “However, the mining department would give the company 10 conditions, which would force it to come up with a plan and go into actual mining.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IDC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.