HGO 1.52% 6.7¢ hillgrove resources limited

article

1. 64 Posts.
    Just another article in the local paper for those who are interested...

The Courier, Mt Barker, SA, Wednesday, November 21, 2007

NEW MINE ROAD TO QUIETEN RESIDENT'S NOISE CONCERNS

Heavy trucks from the Kanmantoo Copper Mine will not be sent through the town after the company hoping to reopen the site agreed to build a private access road.

Hillgrove Resources has applied for State Government approval to reopen to copper and gold workings and wants to construct the road linking the mine and Princes Highway to allay residents' road safety fears.

Residents raised concerns in July over a recommendation that the company send up to 30 B-double and other heavy trucks a day along Mine Road in Kanmantoo if the mine recommences operation.

They feared for the safety of children living in residential areas along Mine Road and for other drivers on the route, with the expected increase in heavy vehicles.

Almost 100 residents signed a petition earlier this year opposing the use of Mine Road as access to the mine.

Hillgrove Resources' Kanmantoo Callington Committee Consultative Committee also raised concerns over using Mine Road and recommended the company give "serious consideration" to building a road through private property to avoid Kanmantoo.

The company has now applied to the Mt Barker Council for approval to construct the 3.3km, unsealed road between Eclair Mine Road, near the mine site, and the Princes Highway. It is expected to cost $250,000.00 to build and would run through three privately owned allotments, which the company hopes to buy if the plan gains approval.

RAIL NOT VIABLE

In its statement supporting the development application, Hillgrove Resources said it had ruled using rail as a transport alternative from the mine to Port Adelaide because it was not viable.

"The proposal will avoid all the adverse affects of heavy vehicles travelling through Kanmantoo including noise, vibration, road condition, odour and exposure to particulates," the company stated.

The road will be used to bring diesel fuel, explosives and reagents into the mine site and transport copper concentrate from the mine to Port Adelaide.

-----------------------------------------------

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.001(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $140.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.9¢ 6.6¢ $151.5K 2.262M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 546989 6.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 92468 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.