CDR 0.00% 2.6¢ codrus minerals limited

article, page-2

1. 399 Posts.
    It would be misleading to believe the "source" formed these opinions recently.

The article is actually dated 8 Jan 2008.

Re comments made by a number of people regarding a rights issues, I am not convinced. Main reasons are that current market conditions make it very difficult and it may not be the most optimal from a shareholder value perspective. Raising funds at 15c seems a very expensive alternative. A rights issue would (?) also require the CEO to confirm a profit outlook, which may be at odds with past issued guidance.

A small asset sale seems more optimal. They only need to raise enough cash to get them through to around April/May. Even if the sale is at a less than optimal price, it would appear more optimal than an equity raising at an extremely distressed price. Another factor is the certainty an asset sale provides over a rights issue that may or may not be taken up.

I accept they have rejected the notion of a partial sale in the past, but that was old management. Thats my current thinking for what its worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.300M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 400000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.