artificial butter flavour linked to alzheimers, page-5

1. 5,872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    Ronsterm I think you are doing scientists a disservice here. They have researched just about every point you made and somtimes in huge long studies. For instance there were two studies presented at the 2011 ICAD on exercise and dementia. Over about a 10 year period(from my failing memory), those with a high level of exercise experienced no neurodegeneration, those doing moderate exercise experienced some neurodegeneration and the sedentary subjects experienced profound neurodegeneration.
    A recent study from the Mayo clinic on food addatives found one that made a difference in the rate of neurodegeneration. Omega3. I have also seen studies on sleep patterns and you are correct, less neurodegeneration with adequate sleep. Social engagement has also been shown as a factor. There has been an army of scientists looking at every aspect you spoke about and they have published their work. Pretty much everything that is good for your heart is good for your brain.
    You should know that our press is worthless on most subjects and more so on science. The pharmas are not going to work on those aspects as it is not their job. Some with bad luck in their genetic inheretence still face a battle with neurodegeneration, but a lot can be prevented.
    Guys, they were talking about eposure by workers working with the chemical over a period of time. For that matter science still has not decided everything that the amyloid does. When it clumps around traumatic brain injury it is doing good. It has been shown to kill candida albicans, and in the brain that is very very good. When it misfolds and forms plaques that may be bad and when it forms small toxic oligomers that appears to be very bad. When the plaques soak up available essential metals that appears to be very bad. That amyloid is part of the brain's repairative mechanism probably cannot be questioned. Then when all is lost, and the nutrition is being cut off to a neuron beyond repair, I think it is a form of amyloid which triggers the DR6 death receptor of the cell.
    I never stopped eating eggs. Some things are just obviously BS.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.