ALA 4.00% 13.0¢ arovella therapeutics limited

Artimist AGM

1. 4,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    Hi All

Following on from the AGM presentation and comments made by livas1 about the statement "Confirmation that ArTiMist is covered in the global treatment Guidelines (Artemisinin mono-therapy for the treatment of severe therapy)." I agree with livas1 that it warranted an announcement of its own....and wondered why not.
    I got my head down and had a good read of the Guidelines for the Treatment of Malaria 2015 Edition....which incidentally rates better than Zolpimist if you have problems with getting to sleep.

From section 7.4 Treatment of Severe Malaria:-
    2 classes of medicine are available for parenteral (injection) treatment of severe malaria :- artemisinin derivatives (artemether or artesunate) and the cinchone alkaloids (quinine and quinindine). Artesunate is dispensed as a powder of artesimic acid, dissolved in sodium bicarbonate and then diluted with 5 ml of 5%dictroxand injected IV or intramuscular into the thigh. This solution should be prepared freshly for each administration and SHOULD NOT BE STORED.
    ArTiMist is an Artemether product and hence the claim that it is covered by the Global Guidelines.

From section 7.5 Pre-referral Options.
    The recommended pre-referral treatment for children under 6yrs old in descending order of preference are, intramuscular artesunate, rectal artesunate, intramuscular artemether and intra muscular quinine.
    Administration of an artemisinin by the rectal route as pre-referral treatment is feasible and acceptable at community level. Rectal artesunate is recommended for use only in children under 6yrs old and only when intramuscular artesunate is not available.

Yes, SC is technically correct in saying that there is approval for the use of Artemether but ArTiMist as such doesn't get a guernsey in the Global Guidelines. It won't until the CTD is submitted by end CY 2016 and Australian TGA accept the registration which would appear to be late 2017, unless for some reason ( request by WHO or interested buyer) it is fast-tracked.

Well looks like Nitro November was a false start and could be followed by Dull December (reverse physcology at play)

kippax

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $136.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.3¢ $193.6K 1.540M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13730 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 727520 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.