ARU 5.41% 19.5¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Great work EW. Does the said Gina then have to notifyMy theory...

1. 6,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1503
    Great work EW. Does the said Gina then have to notify

My theory is the insto loaned the shares to themselves but under perhaps 2 trading houses whom were paid to short the hell out of ARU and accumulate for the insto that loaned the shares initially - with of course no ASX change of holding requirement as both new holdings are under 5% - no interest payable just trading house fees. Not only related to ARU but a practice across the ASX.
    Yet both holdings total 5%+ over the past year - 5% = 100 million total accumulated shares over a year at average of say a round number 20c = $20 million of free accumulated stock plus the recent 16c SPP top up averages out the previous SPP participation @37c Dec 2022. in which we know soon after all the shorting - manipulation arrived assisted by .......

Or perhaps insto simply took paper profits all the way. Thus reducing their costs considerably of their SPP participation in Dec 2022. Either way far more gained than 8% interest especially when they reverse tactics - SP is released and runs up hard over time thus making previous very large shorting gains become huge gains - plus the much larger voting rights re a takeover! The fact large volumes of shares of given companies are held over the 5% notification requirements through several proxy nominees is well known and the trading houses involved are only to happy to make fees and catch the early bird so to speak and double dip and accumulate for themselves along the way.

The thing that would prevent both your and my theories if the lender/insto has to notify a change of holding given they have loaned their shares out. I do not believe so - I have only seen the usual insto's doing the shorting release ASX compliance change of holding details - Syrah is a classic example almost every second day at times.

Anyway it will only end when those participating decide it's time to push the SP higher - and they will trade some of their lucrative gains to ensure strong SP gains and huge paper gains over a long period as the company progresses significantly.

Personally time to let it go. I have a 3-5 year holding plan and like many are excited for the future of ARU and some big news in coming months. Quarterly due next week - perhaps something soon but indicators I am looking for say not quirt yet as in a drop off in daily volumes - short position decreasing - SP ticking up. One can see how they kept it at 18.5c happily churning between themselves and picking up a few sellers along the way as we saw last week on Israel drone news in Iran - there's always a seller. Is the insto near their peak short position "again" - is there another opportunity arriving for them to escape "again" - insto appears confident as short position continues one way - up.

I do laugh when GL advised Birch some time ago they had news flow that would sort the shorts. If one of that was the Aus Gov debt facility closure then our insiders shorting certainly new of a time frame available to build another substantial short position as no follow up key announcements were nearing and therefore the 27.5c has been manipulated back to the current lowly 18.5c on such significant positive news - noting some traders profiteering along the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.010(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $450.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.0¢ $2.778M 14.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29980 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 947702 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.8¢
  Change
0.010 ( 6.07 %)
Open High Low Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.0¢ 6175963
Last updated 15.59pm 15/05/2024 ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.