ARU 2.56% 19.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Darryl Cuzzubbo ... interesting back-storyIn one camp are miners...

1. 5,608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1743
    Darryl Cuzzubbo ... interesting back-story

In one camp are miners such as BHP and institutional investors including BlackRock who want the company to fund development by raising capital that would enable them to grow their shareholding at the expense of smaller SolGold shareholders with less financial firepower.

In the other camp are the junior mining entrepreneurs – notably Mr Mather – who do not want their interests diluted and are believed to favour a swifter windfall by selling the copper asset.

https://www.copyright link/companies/mining/sacked-ceo-sues-solgold-for-breach-of-contract-20231212-p5equr

ARU's man Darryl Cuzzubbo has seen it all before and will know how the likes of Gina Rinehart think.

And given his recent history with Solgold https://www.mining.com/solgold-ceo-leaves-after-less-than-a-year-in-the-top-job/ how will he play this?

I doubt he'll cross GR. In fact he probably cares very little about retail shareholders, and why would he? So let's assume that's the game to play - the big game and make a dollar along the way.

With REE's becoming internationally strategic these days and with the prospect of Govt funding ... DC probably has to be a bit more transparent than during his Solgold days, so can't be seen to be cuddling up with GR and (?) her short loaning endeavours.

So now ARU is at the pointy end of the cycle when the next move is probably a big deal with more FID (final investment decision) news then eventually COD (commercial operations date) ... squeaky clean given his recent experiences at Solgold are probably in order.

Exciting times ... I see the shorts were only 269k yesterday ... around a quarter of Friday's ... I wonder if we touch 19.5 today?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $438.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.5¢ 18.8¢ $1.075M 5.656M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 472329 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 1505130 45
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.46pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.8¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.3¢ 19.3¢ 18.8¢ 3265605
Last updated 15.06pm 06/05/2024 ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.