ARU 2.56% 19.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

ARU Chart Thread, page-410

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4969
    Of course it's not "palatable" and I've waded thru masses of Govt reports & rhetoric for over a decade, invested a considerable sum in the only ROW producer, managed to get quite close to Mgt to understand more of their game plan than most, though not past 20 months.

To understand you need to do considerable research on the way the Chinese have structured & grown the RE industry, the control & allocation of capital, the trade manipulation NdPr vs NdFeB via different VAT treatment, the way they've drawn Japanese hi tech, incl mag & motor makers into China to advantage lower costs, which is ongoing:

"Zhongli Toyo makes full use of the mature supply chain of the discrete manufacturing industry in Jiangsu Province, China's rare rare earth high-quality rare earth permanent magnet materials and motor aluminum shells, and Japan Toyo Electric's advanced permanent magnet motor manufacturing technology to produce high-precision, high-efficiency industrial permanent magnets synchronous motor , with the Beijing Yang Ling Electronics mature sales network in domestic sales , Japanese motor manufacturing technology and the perfect combination of Chinese-made."

https://www.ac-rei.org.cn/article/9e505831-b09a-49d5-9bd2-233792bfa9f0
    https://www.ac-rei.org.cn/article/ed9ea020-8563-429a-ac4e-3077077de80f

Hopefully you may have the ability to Chrome translate Chinese text, beyond most here, but that's from just 13 months ago, hi tech Japan taking advanced PMM tech into China to access high grade NdFeB, if you don't understand the consequences go find something else to invest in.

Could go a LOT further, like the first ~5ktpa US NdFeB imports, most of those could be substituted if Biden put a 13% tariff on Chinese NdFeB, however the NEXT 10ktpa NdFeB comes embedded in components, how do you replace those without also replacing the components? Then of course by FAR the largest volume of Chinese mags flowing to the US are in cheap A/C, washing machines, fridges, cars, power tools, full range of consumer goods, WTF are you going to replace them!!!

The Japanese who invented sintered NdFeB in 1985 and have poured $100m's into R&D, Govt (NIMS) & pte, for decades simply couldn't ultimately match the Chinese, please don't tell me a handful of very dubious carnival barkers that have climbed out of the swamp past year or so are going to sort the Chinese out, fool and their money soon separated.

Very difficult to see where ROW RE is headed, other than a couple of ST plays I don't believe it is investible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $438.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $315.6K 1.626M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 795813 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 472055 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.