ARU 0.00% 19.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Probably not on a 4.5% down day on the Aussie bourse, US...

1. 758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25

Probably not on a 4.5% down day on the Aussie bourse, US interest rate decision is today, plenty more decisions to be made on the Australian market with next RBA meeting in 3 weeks and all the speculation that interest rates have further to rise. The tide is going out, but decisions on this mine do need to be made this year. It's a tough one.

Yes Arafura's future is rosy and likely this will be a moderate blip in the future, but it's hard to swim when the economy's drain plug has been pulled out. For mine, I wanted to protect my capital and buy when I perceive the worst to be over. Lately this is when the Fed announces that it's starting up the printing presses again, but it's been made clear that it's not going to to that for a while, so IMO financial market pain is on the horizon until inflation has been beaten with the ugly stick.

I remember the GFC and the big 5-7% down days on the bourse, we had many of those and it wasn't over until there was about four or five of them in a row and the Fed stepped in to ease market conditions.

Small and mid caps got decimated with prices not seen in 10+ years, and we're seeing a confluence of things happening now that will decimate those with no dry powder to take advantage and go shopping. For those with diamond hands, great and I applaud your nerve in the path of the coming financial bear.

But having got wrecked myself in the GFC, I have a mindset more around capital protection this time. That said, I'd have to buy ARU at 10-12c I think I'd kick myself if I didn't. It might come sooner than you think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $438.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ $370.1K 1.953M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
81 3035191 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 93921 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
19.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
19.0¢ 19.0¢ 18.8¢ 898335
Last updated 15.59pm 08/05/2024 ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.