AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

pp,imo, this is the first ann from the current drilling program...

1. 120 Posts.
    pp,

imo, this is the first ann from the current drilling program that really has my attention

the deep drilling below the hgz, is targetting below a hill next to the hgz (approx 2.5 sq km), as i have posted about previously over at aussie stock forums

the mention in this ann of amphibole reminds me of a brief excerpt i posted over there re the cristalino iocg deposit (approx 20km S or rio verde):

'mineralisation is concentrated in a NW-SE trending, sinsitral transpressive zone of shearing over a drilled length of 2,200m and thickness ranging from 10s of metres to 500m. the shear zone is several hundreds of metres in width and is a splay of the carajas fault. the ore zone is generally brecciated and is found in the volcanics below the iron formation and in the lower sections of the iron formation itself. in general the iron formation forms the upper limit to ore and may have acted as a capping ... two styles of mineralisation: (i) 60% of which is crosscutting stockwork veins and veinlets, and (ii) 40% breccia ore where the breccia fragments are surrounded by sulphide veins and a sulphide matrix ... principal sulphides are chalcopyrite and pyrite in a 2:1 to 3:1 ratio. the copper was introduced after the magnetite and amphibolite alteration, although the highest grades are associated with the amphibole zones ... grid geochemistry and geophysics from 1984-87 led to 2 anomalies being drilled in 1988 with some 13 holes in two prospects. the second phase of work was commenced in 1997-98 with more grid mapping, geochemistry and geophysics, culminating in a drill intersection of 38m @ 1.4% cu, 0.25 g/t au between 76 and 114m depth ... according to cvrd, the reserves amount to 261mt @ 0.73% cu'

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.