RGT 7.58% 30.5¢ argent biopharma limited

Asia Cosmetic Market Guide

1. 1,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 958
    Asia Cosmetic Market Guide

Let’s hope this puts an end to that ‘scam’ thread “Henrideacon”. I also find it rather pointless and somewhat derogatory.

I thought I’d see what the cosmetic market was like in SE Asia. What were the dollars involved and what the main players were in both supply and consumption of a whole range of cosmetic products, especially in the area of skin care. As some of the information was protected by copyright, I have save screen shots and converted to jpg files. The ‘red’ additions are mine.

upload_2017-11-4_12-18-29.jpeg
    This 234page PDF gives you an insight into the cosmetic market in South East Asia, inc New Zealand & Aust.

upload_2017-11-4_12-16-2.jpeg
    Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia jpg
    upload_2017-11-4_12-13-57.jpeg

upload_2017-11-4_12-21-11.jpeg

“South Korea is the 8th largest cosmetics market in the world, representing nearly 3.0% of the global market. In 2016, the market size was estimated to be approximately USD 7.1 billion; the total local production and total exports increased approximately 8.2% and 61.6%, respectively, from the previous year. The market has grown at an annual growth rate of 8.2% for the last five years.

According to Korea Customs Service statistics, skincare cosmetics continue to be the largest import category, at 49.1% (USD 704 million) of total cosmetics imports in 2016.

There is a large variety of products in the marketplace. Competitive imports differentiate themselves from existing offerings through brand identity, packaging, unique formulations, and quality ingredients.
    Imported cosmetics are primarily sold through department stores (24.3%), brand shops (23.0%), online shopping malls (18.9%), multi-level marketing (8.9%), hypermarkets (7.2%), specialty stores (6.9%), home shopping channels (3.4%), and duty free shops (3.2%).

Strong potential subsectors for U.S. exporters to South Korea include cosmeceuticals, derma-cosmetics, and natural/organic cosmetics. Industry insiders expect that the market for cosmetics products which feature dermatological benefits will continue to grow, especially the concept of preventative care.

Due to an increase of internet and mobile users, on-line shopping malls and social media have been making rapid inroads as key marketing channels. South Korea stands out as the country with the highest smartphone ownership rate/broadband penetration rate and the fastest average internet speed. Sales via mobile shopping have increased dramatically in recent years. Of total online shopping, the percentage of mobile shopping has jumped from 17.0% in 2013 to 45.4% in 2015. This trend reflects the new shopping trend which involves consumers who “window shop” offline and then purchase online.”

“the learner” I am not sure what your concerns are. I have read your post #28342563 of 31/10/17
    wherein your voice (I assume) these concerns. I would have thought that the last few days may well have quelled those concerns; apparently not. You appear to have issues about the validity of the deal and the company behind it.

Suffice to say, I don’t share those concerns. If you seek advice or direct assurances from me in some form, that all is 100% above board and totally ‘kosha’, I am not licensed to do so. Your concerns are for you to nut out and ultimately feel comfortable with the decision you make. If you smell a rat, don’t ask for air freshener – simply leave the room.

Whatever material I post is usually backed with supporting reference. Outside of that, it is pretty clear what my personal views are about any company that I post about on HotCopper. Trading shares and relaxing can be about as opposite as you can get. Learning to do both comes from experience and knowing that you are 100% comfortable with your self-informed decision making process and resulting actions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.5¢
Change
-0.025(7.58%)
Mkt cap ! $14.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.0¢ 30.5¢ 30.0¢ $1.48K 4.929K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.0¢ 823 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.11pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.