re: re:ardent, asia down, europe in freefall, us t Yes I know...

1. 2,154 Posts.
    re: re:ardent, asia down, europe in freefall, us t Yes I know the French sponsored Arabs sponsored Iraq with Russia, so did the Yanks.
    The scripts I read a while ago stated Yanks supplied weapons to Iraq for it wanted a peice of the$$$ pie in order for the Russians not recieve the whole pie(Rumsfield's name was mentioned as part of brokering the deal). Did you know North Korea and the USA stood side by side with Iran but also supplied chemicals to Iraq ? The War was basically prolonged for the Yanks wanting both nations to break their culture, so they pulled off a balance act to prolong the war. Iran should have smashed Iraq, but they didn't...
    ..and something else...
    The US did not only side with the Soviets, they also sided with Iraq. Thhe CIA was passing to the Iranians unfactual and bogus information, the false info was meant to stall Iran's final offensive, by exaggerating the number of Soviet troops siding with Iraq. If CIA's John McMahon told the truth the Iranians would have won the war there and then. The Yanks effort to enhance its position on both sides came apart in 1986 when an Iranian leaked info that the Yanks were dealing arms to both nations.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.