SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

ASIC Commences Proceedings Against ISX and JK, page-2331

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4424
    Hi @aes411, Further observations regarding the changes to the ASX subpoena and ASX's interlocutory challenge to 1,3 and 6:

The only meaningful change appears to me to be the addition of the dates in 3 and 6
    1: It appears ASX doesn't want the court to know what ASIC thought about ISX's response to the VISA disclosure. What doesn't ASX want the court to know here? Ummm...
    3: Documents and electronic communications created up to and including 26 November 2019: At 10:06 a.m. 27 November - Moran said they "would have the draft finding 'end next week'", so it is my guess that 3 is requesting documents and communications regarding what discussions ASX and ASIC had on the veracity and worthiness of the "final reasons report". I suspect the court will find that ASIC didn't hold the report in very high regard in terms of accuracy or substance.
    6: Again - Documents and electronic communications created up to and including 26 November 2019: My speculation is ISX is looking at putting before the court what ASIC thought "whether ISX was required to notify ASX of the One-off Revenue/Costs Information under Rule 3.1" when discussing ASX's "final reasons report".

There is an unwritten rule with lawyers that you never ask a question in court for which you don't already know the answer. I suspect ISX knows that ASIC thought the final reasons report was bogus and that ISX was not required to notify ASX of the One-off Revenue/Costs and ISX wants that clearly put before the court. ASX does not.

Further: ASX is required to return these by 2:15 next Wednesday 27 April, but until then we will not know if ASX will comply or whether they will continue with the interlocutory application to have them set aside. I intend to be there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.