APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

ASIC regulation

1. 161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    What is the concern exactly? that ASIC will ask Afterpay to check if customer can afford the 6 week small loan by having to complete an assessment of the customers income, expenses, assets & liabilities? I doubt it?
    I can sign up to 12 month and 2 year plans for foxtel, mobile phone, netflix, gym membership, rent a house, enrol my kids in private school etc etc all wIthout them checkIng If I can afford It!

Afterpay don't charge interest and offer tiny loans to start with. They cut people from further spending if they miss a payment. Their arrears are approximately 0.5%.

ASIC 'regulated' payday lenders a few years ago. maximum per annum rate was introduced by ASIC.....48% p. a. rIght?

Some people think ASIC may insist Afterpay do a credit check? I doubt it? A credit check doesn't help to check repayment ability and doesn't protect the client. Afterpay protect theIr customers from themselves by starting out with tiny amounts, 25% upftont repayment and monitoring closely. late payment fee of just $7 to provIde a detterent whIch is perfectly reasonable?

and they DO NOT charge interest!

Is there anything else? Maybe ASIC wIll cap the purchase amount? eg anythIng above $5k becomes 'regulated credIt' even when its less than the 62 day threshold and no Interest being charged?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.