SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

I agree with you that this sucks, but as Jlo said its about...

1. 1,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1007
    I agree with you that this sucks, but as Jlo said its about protecting the wider market operations, not us individually.

Beyond that though, it does seem like you're blaming the police for catching the baddie. Its a tough one because there are absolutely shades of grey here. JK isnt a saint, but he's also not the devil. Its possible that he built a solid idea, ran a profitable company, and had one or two momentary lapses, where he took care of himself ahead of you or me... Visa I'm on the fence about its relevance. The 15% may have been a lie or a mistake. The visa I'm on the fence as to relevance. The shares though... that's another story.

So, here's the philosophical question. A hedge fund manager is doing really well. He makes his 10,000 clients $100k each, above market returns, but is also caught taking $30k from each of their accounts and moving it to his own. Did he do something wrong? Did he do something illegal? If the cops arrest him right before he closes a deal that will get his clients another $50k each, are the cops to blame or the hedge fund manager? What if they freeze his book because he might liquidate and, I don't know, move overseas? If they freeze his book and his clients lose access to their funds for years, are the police to blame or the manager? What if the reason it drags on for years is that the hedge fund manager refuses to answer questions, while continuing to pay his legal fees to defend himself against allegations from his clients' investment funds? Y'know, the ones he's accused of stealing from? In what scenarios is it the police's fault, and in what scenarios is it the hedge fund managers fault?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.