OCV octaviar limited

After reading this..."Mr Morris also told the court he was...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    After reading this...
    "Mr Morris also told the court he was unable to start his case because it hinged on ASIC going first and establishing that Storm operated an unregistered managed investment in tandem with lenders."

http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/a-week-of-calm-before-storm-financial-battle-in-court/story-fnda1bsz-1226476091440
    Could you look at the Opes Prime situation with'pooling' of margin lending..in a similar way?
    and OP fall into this catagory, operating an unregistered managed investment intandem with lenders? even if they didnt know it at the time?

The unsuspecting,unaware,OP ASX stock holders had their shares sold, even if not in margin call territory because all the OP loans were pooled, i beleieve.So were the investors stock also being treated like an unmanaged unregistered investment, by pooling it?
    ie was Storm acting like a broker or a RE or an educational institution feeding others? I am a bit confused.

Perhaps a long bow and way off target to compare them...but the opes situation was a doozy,imo. ...and also had the possability of having some crashed, shorted, etc stock in their bundle too? Not a huge number of MFS/OCV ..if i remember correctly.
    At least the market were able to follow the selloffs taking place re Opes...
    I wonder what Storm had in their portfolio and was it also a similar pooled selloff, after a trigger event, or not?

I guess the experts from many fields are working on these cases, still, and my simple interpretation of media articles and personal thoughts are of little consequence...except to illustrate how some-one in the general public,with few skills, might see it.

The crash of certain ASX stocks, either by shorting or huge numbers being margined,inbuilt risk and/or being pushed closer to a cliff of pending loan breaches...remain interesting,imo.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.