BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

ASIC

1. 601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Today BLT had 264 trades at an average of 406 shares per trade - many of them were 1 share trades and the common thread was that the 1 share trades came at the end of - but at the same time as a string of trades - with the effect of generally reducing the price by .5c.

Near the end of day, a 7 share trade reduced the price by 1.5c (to 114.5) and in the after trade auction, this was further cemented with a 19 share trade that was put on at an asking price of 108 and sold at 114.5.

For the like of me I can find no argument to suggest that this is anything other than price manipulation - I recognise there are no buyers but this should not detract from a suggestion of price fixing!

ASIC will give you an automated "non response" asking you to seek professional advice and giving some sites to look up - they really are a bunch of incompetent tax payer money wasters and I urge all here to go online and ask questions about the type of activity I describe above.

The joy is, their response asks you to fill out a customer survey - which gives you the opportunity to remind them that they really should not be funded and that they do have responsibilities and obligations see below:

Thank you for your enquiry
    You can find the information you need on our website at: http://www.asic.gov.au/market-supervision and http://www.ASIC.gov.au/complain
    Due to the unique nature of each enquiry ASIC is not able to provide interpretations or recommendations specific to some enquiries or circumstances. If you require further information please seek independent advice through an ASIC registered agent, your accountant or solicitor.
    Regards,
    Lucas Customer Service Officer Australian Securities & Investments CommissionPh: 1300 300 630

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.