RED 0.86% 28.8¢ red 5 limited

ask anything, page-76

1. 1,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Thankyou for you're posts Greg.

So it seems the disaster begins with the decommissioning of the larger 'secondary' tailings dam to make more room for the ROM pad.

Regarding the company endeavouring to make a timely restart following the tailings dam failure you allude to the reluctance of the board to do so. In an earlier post you state :

"So when the smaller tailings dam failed and with the larger dam decommissioned, initially the senior staff were given the impression the failure had suited the Company’s longer term plan of building a new dam and in a warped, illogical way had given RED the excuse to put the mine on Care and Maintenance. It would seem all staff tried to have the schedule realigned to the original, government approved plan and the mine restarted using the ‘alternative methods’ but it was to no avail."

"So during the period from the dam failure through to late May the senior staff were asking advice as to how to get the mine restarted stating they felt the Company had given up "

"For whatever reason the Company dug their heels in and refused to listen to their more experienced senior staff and use one of the many methods available to restart the operation and it was only much later RED reported the ‘alternatives’ to the ASX that were never going to be seriously considered. Since then I have emailed the Chairman offering to provide information that might help but have never had a reply."

Do you have any further comments on the reluctance of the board to find a way and a willingness to promptly restart operations ? Is it in any way suspicious to you ?

How can the company have been so stupid as to decommission the larger tailings dam leaving room for only 45k in the smaller dam ?

Because I was unaware of the tailings dam facilities at Siana other than 'you gotta have one', I was unaware of the ramifications of this tailings dam closure. As you state perhaps an announcement regarding an adjustment to ore reserves would have slapped me from my slumber. I put my trust in professional management who are paid well to manage such things in this company and in others.

Why did you leave RED ?

Once again thanks for you're posts Greg.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.8¢
Change
-0.003(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $1.955B
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $4.259M 14.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 4889447 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 1208729 39
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.18am 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.