ASM 3.77% 82.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

i agree I think increased shorting is an increase in investors...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    i agree I think increased shorting is an increase in investors who see opportunity to short the stock who think it is over valued

However you re assuming that those shorting the stock act the same as those longing the stock. We can see those putting positive reports out and then putting higher valuations could be seen as up ramping. And those shorting the stock put out negative reviews in the hope it causes a share price crash.
    Shorters also try to trigger stop gap events where if they can push the price down through share price manipulation it triggers stop loss activation and a further downward spiral on the share price.
    This is what irks me is the size of the companies shorting have a lot of stock therefore a lot of power to fluctuate daily prices. Particularly in low volume stocks. I'm very high volume traded stocks there are more players so it's harder for shorters to control.or manipulate the share price.

This is the risk imho; shorters shorting it all the way down to 1 dollar. They have literally took a gamble due to delays and no news that the company would liquidate. But if we are now seeing 5 year binding offtakes on the output of oneetal plant and that's likely going to be in the thousands of tonnes then we instantly have a viable business now from one KMP and it's easy for people to do the matgs on 900-2000 tonnes of Neodium boron material. And the numbers look very promising. If we see the KMP getting orders for 5200 tonnes a year this should raise some alarm bells for shorters as this indicated demand exceeds supply and that another metal plant should be built. We haven't touched South Korean, European, Japanese or Chinese requirements yet.china is by far the biggest market for new cars right now and the foreseeable future.

Any sizable offtakes for the Dubbo project then put this stock almost back to when it was 13 dollars in terms of renewing confidence things are going ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.