ASM 1.83% 80.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

I don't know why you lot are getting so worked up about...

1. 281 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    I don't know why you lot are getting so worked up about shorting. Shorting is a symptom of something fundamentally lacking in the company. As far as ASM is concerned, it's the complete lack of revenue which obviously leads to a lack of profit. The company is all hopeful talking up future revenue but nothing has solidified as yet. So it's going to be bought by people based on hopium, (I was one of them!), and then short sold based on lack of fundamentals.

I am a believer in ASM, it's a qualified punt and will remain a punt until we actually see some decent revenue.

If you want a good example of shorting a stock look at FMG in the early days. They had revenue but they also had a shed load of debt. At $4.00/share they were attacked relentlessly. Everyone questioned if they were going to make it and then one set of six months figures came along and they paid down over $100m of debt in one go. The company had punched through it's biggest risk/threat, shorters buggered off and as of today I'm still a happy camper at +$20 a share and regular fully franked dividends.

Just stop worrying about shorters folks. If you believe ASM will make it then shorters are going to give you another opportunity to top up. Most of you on here are here for the medium-long terms, so who cares about the price over a six month period? It's the company that needs to start walking the walk now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.83%)
Mkt cap ! $145.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
82.0¢ 83.0¢ 79.0¢ $384.5K 476.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11039 79.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.5¢ 36943 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.