ASM 8.66% 58.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

ASM Chart Thread, page-10713

1. 486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Some nice thoughts there and I agree with your general sentiment although I think you have misread my post a little.

Personally, I feel the same way wrt holding a stock like ASM as you do. Unless the fundamentals change then this is a long-term hold for me also.

It's important to understand though that your sentiment and my sentiment are not necessarily the same as other shareholders - particularly those who have been selling recently.

ASM has dropped 30 something % the last month and a bit, at a time when the market has slowly recovered - culminating in a very strong rally since Jerome lit a match with his latest interest rate dialogue the other night.

Trying to guess the reasons why other people sell is futile (it varies) but at the least recognising the timing - given the way the market has behaved is at least part of it I think. Clearly, some shareholders believe their capital is better served elsewhere and that is understandable given how well so many stocks are travelling atm.

Essentially, it may not be your personal position, but for many people, 'opportunity cost' is one of the most common considerations when investing/holding in any share, be it a 'speccie' stock or a blue chip because situations can change and shareholder emotions change - especially when (in their view) there are so many alternative and viable options to make short term gains.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.055(8.66%)
Mkt cap ! $105.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 67.5¢ 57.5¢ $194.4K 321.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2942 58.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.0¢ 16900 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.