ASM 3.77% 82.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

Thanks for relaying the ASIC experience - ACCC is another prime...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    Thanks for relaying the ASIC experience - ACCC is another prime example of a toothless, heartless body that is not always transparent or fair

I share your frustrations with shorters, SP manipulation and the somewhat rubbery application of oversight by ASIC

The $500 rule for ASX shares is initial investment rather than every purchase in my understanding

Thank goodness the ASX doesn't allow trading of share fractions like the USA - what a great way to reduce barriers for retail investors to enter markets and become victims of SP manipulation

I base most of my investing on fundamental analysis, economic and political factors and an awareness of momentum which is as close as I get to technical analysis

It's probably a bit misguided of me to believe my investing skills are the main reasons for success rather than a large dose of luck at the mercy of sophs and instos manipulating prices, shaking out weak hands and positioning large trades for quick profits with the added bonus of providing substance to their own broker price predictions

You are likely 99% right about naked shorting and recent ASM SP manipulation and I thank you for reporting it to ASIC

It's cold comfort to realise in general Australia is probably far more fair than most political and economic regions

I use 6 ASX trading platforms and notice all sorts of interesting activity and am aware of the somewhat crooked trading environment we participate in

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-11/kohler-high-frequency-trade-parasites-at-heart-of-asx/3943052

Maybe I am too cynical and skeptical and apathetic these days to email evidence of interesting trading activity to ASIC.

Surely they will brush most of it off as spread, liquidity and hide behind maintaining the privacy of traders?

Good on you for persisting and at least forcing ASIC minions to question the shenanigans with their superiors

ASM is not immune to devious trading tactics or without significant investment risks but for me it's a solid enterprise run by a brilliant team

Hopefully in years to come ASM will still be leading metallization technology, generating profits and paying healthy dividends

despite the nefarious activities of some and absence of intervention or investigations by ASIC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.