ASM 7.26% 57.5¢ australian strategic materials limited

I am very bullish about ASM in the long term but the fall since...

1. 96 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I am very bullish about ASM in the long term but the fall since its highs has been painful. I am fortunate to be able to ride it out as the bulk of my shares came from the spinoff from ALK, but I realize many here do not have that cushion. I'm neither a chartist, accountant or miner so I can't claim any luminous insight into the price action but it seems there is a lot of hope being placed on some sort of impending company announcement *and* that that event will cause a meteoric rise in the share price, though (correct me if I'm wrong) neither is certain.

I plan to buy back some of what I sold last fall if we drop into the low $7's but that is an exercise in catching a falling knife. If it rises 10% or so I'll sell it as no one ever went bankrupt taking profits. If a friend or family expert asked me my (clearly) non-expert advice on where to start building a long-term position I would tell them to wait. The only risk is that one might get in a little late on that posited meteoric rise.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers. This to me just doesn't look like the chart of a company that's going to have an upswing any time soon.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4051/4051038-bc21488f9b56a9de14402ca3e3c3a80d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
-0.045(7.26%)
Mkt cap ! $104.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.0¢ 62.0¢ 56.5¢ $98.81K 168.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2946 57.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.5¢ 38593 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.