ASM 0.00% 79.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

"Just to be clear on this, I don't think there's anything wrong...

1. 523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70

"Just to be clear on this, I don't think there's anything wrong with the company - but there sure is some suss about the drop in price. That's why I view it to be a dog stock.

This is a "relative" statement. Are we talking about a drop from its highs, buy level, recent trading?
    Something to keep in mind, a drop in price from your buy levels is not the same as a drop in price from my buy levels.
    From my perspective these shares were issued as a spin off and the cost base is equivalent to about 80c each.
    Most of the posters here also own these shares from the spin off. Some have a lower level cost base than 80c.
    I think everyone here agress that it is a tightly held stock, at the end of the day do some calculation and see the value of the average trade and you will see its governed by shorters.
    Someone does not short a trade causing it to go up.
    If enough shorters get on board with the banks even they can become "dog stocks".
    At the end of the day your analysis of a stock determines whether you buy it or not, if the price drops by shorters is the only criteria then you will have to reevaluate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
79.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $143.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1282 78.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.5¢ 13043 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.40am 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.