ASM 7.84% 55.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

ASM Chart Thread, page-9134

1. 1,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    Dubbo Fears Grow At Prospect Of Uranium MiningBY NEW MATILDANOVEMBER 30, 2014Fears over the mining of uranium in NSW have been revived by Alkane Resource’s Dubbo Zirconia Project, which is inching closer to approval.Alkane Resources has not technically applied to “produce” uranium, but will inadvertently mine uranium and thorium.The radioactive metals are mingled in the ore body along with rare earths, which Alkane is targeting, like zirconia and niobium. Rare earths such as these are mostly used in the manufacture of electronics, but can be used for other purposes, most notably in the military.The mine, proposed to be built at Toongi, 25 kilometres upstream on the Macquarie River from Dubbo, has revived arguments over the inherit threats to community health and global security posed by uranium.Under NSW law it remains illegal to “produce uranium”,
    but if approved the project will mine material which is between 80-160 parts per million (ppm) uranium and 250-500 ppm thorium, compared to a world average of 3 and 6 parts per million respectively.

Originally posted by TnC2
    then why are there so many articles saying there is this one is even before it demerged from alk

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.0¢
Change
0.040(7.84%)
Mkt cap ! $99.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 55.0¢ 51.0¢ $163.9K 307.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 36088 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.