ASN 1.27% 7.8¢ anson resources limited

ASN Chart, page-4997

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    How long is a piece of string?

Regarding OPEC, we must take into account that Venezuela (largest global oil reserves) Iran (4th largest oil reserves) are under US sanctions so outputs have been curtailed. In my opinion (others will see it differently) these sanctions have helped maintain lower OPEC outputs (higher prices) as the Saudis hold the dominant position and do not need to open the taps further to maintain or protect market share.

The current trend (since 2015) is a rising price, except for the blip in 2020 when the world decided to lock itself up, however with the politics & power struggles that dominate the globe at present this is in no way guaranteed to continue.

As for fuel prices in Aus, the Singapore spot price determines what we pay here.
    We no longer have the refineries to produce what we consume so factors around supply could also impact pricing in future. Australian refineries were far too small compared to other global producers and now only Brisbane & Geelong remain in production and are govt subsidised. I think we import something like 70% of refined product.

I remember the diesel fuel cycle whereby during the northern hemisphere winter the demand for heating oil over there was the catalyst for higher diesel prices prices. Prices then retreated somewhat during their summer when consumption dropped off. With the transition to gas heating, these price fluctuations appear to have dissipated.

Basically we have no control of prices here, unless of course the state and federal govts decide to reduce the taxes charged on every litre. Fuel companies like all businesses are out to make a return on their investment, which at some points of the retail pricing cycle appears excessive.

The sooner we transition to alternate energy, which is what ASN portfolio will support, the less those that have the means will be affected by future fuel prices. Governments are no doubt working on an alternate method of income to offset reduced fuel excise/taxes . It remains to be seen how those less fortunate will be impacted/supported.

Anyhow enough about the black stuff and my babbling.
    Back to discussing our company and the alternate energy components we plan on producing.
    GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.