MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

asof a dud '2nd chance' deal

1. 259 Posts.
    I am intrigued why muss24au has been putting so much effort over several posts into writing helpful and soothing stuff assuring shareholders that they are getting a good deal out of the current voluntary administration. We are told that thanks to ASOF we are getting a little of something, so we should look at the positive and grab our 'second chance'. But shareholders haven't been provided the detail to put a realistic $ context on what this 'second chance' actually means.

Sure, unfortunately the ASOF DOCA was the only one presented at the 2nd Creditors meeting on 01 November, so we have to suck it up. But let's not sugar-coat what it provides for - it unashamedly went for ASOF to get 95% of the company, leaving 5% for the rest. If you do your sums, (allowing for other (non-ASOF) notes and unsecured loans the collective original shareholders (all approx 9,700 of them) will theoretically get about half of that 5% i.e. about 2.5% of the company between them!

The Courier Mail report posted today claims that unsecured creditors will get "AT MOST AN ESTIMATED 1.3C IN THE DOLLAR" under the ASOF deal. On that basis, original shareholders that are being encouraged by muss24au to maybe celebrate about being 'still in the game' might reflect the reality of what that means?

Remember when we went into administration, for every 1M shares you had at a paltry $0.001 they were worth $1000? Under this disgraceful ASOF deal, every 1M shares you had will now be worth somewhere between zero and $13. That's right - if correctly reported you will be worth 'at best' the princely sum of somewhere between ZERO AND $13 for every 1 million shares you had in your portfolio. That's somewhere between an empty can and about a six-pack of beer in my book? Everyone can do their own sums. In my case (who cares) a considered investment of a few hundred grand over 10 yrs will apparently end up worth somewhere between zero and $1300. Woopey do! Yes this has been a speculative stock so superficially no complaints there, but I would quibble with the ethics of the endgame. Yes, muss24au says I should just wakeup because between zero and $1300 is a great 2nd chance I am getting in exchange for a few hundred G's? I am so grateful to ASOF.....

I don't know what connection (if any) muss24au has with ASOF, but I note over several posts he seems to be surprisingly familiar with certain non-public details about the ASOF proposal, including e.g. yesterday 'given that the deed is yet to be signed' and so on. Frankly IMHO oceanboy and Moosey are right - this ASOF position is a dud deal for EVERY long-term supporter of MST stock. So I think it is high time that muss24au stopped adding insult to injury by repeatedly telling us we should be grateful for ASOF giving us a "second chance". Yes, unless oceanboy's big toe is hurting with his 'funny feeling', that's the way the cookie crumbled, but don't bother sugar coating it, thank you. I imagine most shareholders would agree with me that it is a furphy to claim exchanging $1000 for between zero and thirteen dollars ($13) per million shares is a '2nd chance' for anyone, NO MATTER HOW NICELY YOUR GLIB 'NO-DETAIL' PLATITUDES SAY IT. I know it absolutely could AND SHOULD have been done differently. So give me a friggin break while we all call a spade a spade. Thanks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.