RIC 1.91% $2.13 ridley corporation limited

Asparagopsis and RIC

1. 5,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1340
    AFR today reports on new CSIRO et al research on adding Asparagopsis seaweed to cattle feed:

Over the 100-day trial, cattle with the seaweed added into their feed grew 20 per cent faster on average than those not given the additive. The CSIRO team detected no greenhouse gas emissions from cattle on the most concentrated level of the bioactive ingredient in asparagopsis that prevents the formation of methane by inhibiting a specific enzyme in the gut.

Independent research on dairy cattle by Penn State University in the US found methane emissions were cut by 80 per cent with no loss in milk production when asparagopsis was added as 0.5 per cent of total feed. The Penn State researchers also noted a potential gain in feed efficiency, or same milk production for less feed.

https://www.copyright link/companies/agriculture/csiro-seeks-investors-for-super-seaweed-fix-to-cattle-emissions-20200301-p545pg

Farmers will want the improved growth rates while ending cattle methane emissions will go down a treat with the conservation-minded and remove an argument for vegetarianism.

This is likely too big a change for the CSIRO to give RIC exclusivity as it did with Novacq, yet RIC is an obvious stock feed partner. Novel stock feed products will likely now be developed to get Asparagopsis to grass-fed beefs.

An interesting development.

I recently topped up my RIC at 98c, only to see it fall below, Damn!

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.13
Change
0.040(1.91%)
Mkt cap ! $672.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.09 $2.13 $2.06 $864.0K 410.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2914 $2.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.13 944 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.