GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

$5000 per kg! Lol. GXY would be $100 if that was the price. My...

1. 1,134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    $5000 per kg! Lol. GXY would be $100 if that was the price. My mistake.

SOG's Ta assets at Greenbushes and Wodgina are still in production. Currently held by the administrator still. Word from some of the guys in the Ta industry that consult to SOG to help with increasing recoveries etc is that there are problems at Wodgina (decreasing recoveries, increasing costs due to ground getting much harder, staff morale due to uncertainty over future). 30% of world supply comes from Wodgina and it's probably all going to come to an end in the next few years.

Apart from SOG. Gippsland Ltd have the big Egypt Ta mine. ADY have lithium overseas. SOG's Greenbushes is one of the worlds biggest lithium suppliers.

Finch. RDS and RDM are good stocks to have. Probably good mid to long term holds though. RDM are the spinoff of Phelps Dodge's exploration assets in Aust, consequently they are only after world class assets. They will eventually find one, but it may take time. However a world class find means massive share price appreciation - so worth the hold. RDS are the same - in elephant country. I wouldn't be surprised if early results disappoint and they come back a bit, but they have a lot of very good projects in elephant country. In fact, have a good look at all of the juniors exploring in the Musgraves. It appears that the area is about to be opened up after 30 years of being locked away. There is MASSIVE potential out there. Keep an eye on GSE, RBR, MLX, PNN and others for developments in the Musgraves. It is widely thought that there are several world class discoveries to be made in there.

I like AQD as well. Lots of good nickel targets. Searching for NEW nickel fields, not just poking around existing ones like all other juniors. Good management. Pity they have so many shares on issue now. But the best chance of any junior to make a Ni discovery. Bought in before drilling and almost doubled already.

AAO are interesting for their Murninie project only though. See my posts on AAO.

Keep an eye out for PLV and invest once they start work at Irvine Island which is the best iron ore prospect in the country. Buy on weakness.

CRJ will be interesting near term once it starts drilling. If you buy now, you should see it appreciate much like AQD, VMS did once drilling announced. Still v-risky as IOCG targets are v-hard to find. But if you sell some as they rise prior to results, should be okay.

NAV drilling a prospective carbonatite. Also have an existing resource which has stated grades lower than it actually is due to CRA sampling errors. Spinoff coming.

VCN seem very undervalued. Have a very good asset overseas. Market seems to have waited a long time which has led to it being stigmatised. Ending feasibility study, once it gives go ahead to mine - should approach fair value.

A lot of junk out there. I try to avoid speculative stocks despite their potential for quick gains but have succumbed a few times. Particularly in latter half of this year I believe there will be a lot of volatility in resource stocks as metal prices ease off. I might start putting more into energy stocks later this year (gas, hot rocks).

Good to see GXY up another 6 cents this morning (indicative opening)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.