BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Assessing BUD attractiveness as an investor

1. 1,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 746
    Here's some thoughts on how to asses BUD's attractiveness as an investor:

• Are they dependent on mega-companies to buy-in to the story?
    Many new tech plays are reliant on doing business with mega corps - mega corps are incredibly difficult to do business with - and more likely to shaft you than help you. They also tend to move at glacial speeds as they are so complex and bureaucratic. SYT, XPE, CR8 are examples of companies that are currently depending on a few mega corps.
    For that reason I would mark them lower than companies that are not dependent on a few.
    BUD is seeking to do business with a vast range of companies - each of whom has little ability to block progress.
    So I would give BUD 9/10; SYT 4/10 on this score; CR8 6/10; XPE 5/10

• Do they have a simple and compelling offer?
    Any company that wants to grow fast better have something that is clearly differentiated and easy to buy right now.
    BUD has 3 revenue streams - Parse, Ohm, Main platform. Parse is free and operates in a mature space - so getting customers should be very straightforward. Ohm is priced very keenly and is right on time. So both combine to accelerate.
    Many other tech operate in extremely nascent spaces where no rules exist for price or demand. Again SYT, XPE, CR8 serve to illustrate the difference.
    So I would give BUD 9/10; SYT 5/10; CR8 5/10 on this score; XPE 5/10

• Do they have a seasoned and impressive management team?
    Growing small companies into big companies is fantastically hard. It takes incredible skill, timing, nimbleness and a profound ability to continually rethink. Getting talent, holding onto talent, managing talent - under the duress of trying to find a breakthrough takes extraordinary people.
    BUD has a deep and wide team - with fantastic credentials and contacts and experience. But what of others?
    I would give BUD 8/10; SYT 7/10; XPE 2/10; CR8 5/10 on this score

So on these 3 base scores:
    - BUD gets 26/30
    - SYT gets 16/30
    - CR8 gets 16/30
    - XPE gets 12/30

If I were wanting to invest $100 I would put by far the most in BUD

Perhaps others have some additions and comments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.