SEA 0.00% 16.5¢ sundance energy australia limited

Assessing possibility of an SEA sale

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20

I've been thinking about the following factors:
    1) SEA borrowings

2) SEA tax they have rolled over on previous sales (the US allows a gain to be postponed if the funds are reinvested)

3) the current consolidations of land holdings we are seeing in the American shales

4) analyses of EBITDAX for next year - SEA guidance + @moremoneyplease + @cmonaussie 

(once you two muppets play nicely together you both actually have some interesting points)

5) the new CFO Thomas L. Mitchell - check his linked in profile as he states his expertise as Oilers then M&A transactions

6) the difference in value between SEA EV and possible value of the land once proven up

7) Erik's history of dealing - both with acquistions and divestitures

8) Erik has changed the message of his presentations from portraying SEA as an O&G exploration company to an O&G producer

9) Euroz & Morgans Stock broking must of placed a LOT of stock with their clients + Morgans Corp finance team love deals

& I have to agree with MoreMoneyPlease that there would have to be a significant chance of a sale in the next 12 months.

My guess would be that they will bundle everything (bank debt + tax rollovers + land + production holes) into one corporate deal as a sale of the company to a larger producer. This would meet all of the points above.

What would be interesting is whether the geological work is still out in Erik's private company. From memory back a couple of years SEA used to pay his private company for access to the data which he had licensed personally. If this arrangement still exists then it would be a no brainer that he'd sell the whole kit, pinch a couple of the geologists that have been responsible for identifying the decent targets & then fire up for another go round the merry-go-round with SEA-V2 + a couple of million$ in his pocket.

Possible purchasers would be any larger producers that had contiguous or even nearby holdings and given the spray of leases SEA holds there would have to be a few of these.

The main issue I see is - timing? Between June & next Aug I imagine would be the theoretic sweet spot but it depends on when cashed up suitors wanted to dance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.