LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Thank you Jan for the post.I believe that there is alot of cat...

1. 22,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Thank you Jan for the post.

I believe that there is alot of cat and mouse tactics happening at the moment and the last 2 press reports were probably devised to assist marketing in closing up the deals for Phase 1 more than informing the market generally of LYC's current
    position. (LYC have not been great with anns in the past)

The Japanese obviously wants non-Chinese suppliers for security sake and it looks like LYC is going to get the lions share of the Japanese market.

IMO, the revenue forecast of $287 mil was based on LYC's pitch to Japan for Phase 1 and the minimal profit was a signal that this is the lowest we can go
    in price.

LYC's position is complicated by the fact that Soljitz is already supplying the Japanese market out of China and that it has a 5K ton/year contract with LYC to distribute LYC's products in Japan. This, however, leaves 4K ton available for
    LYC to sell direct to Japanese customers because a press announcement
    last Novemenr citing a Japanese Government official said that Japan would source
    9K tons from Australia in 2013.

I am looking forward to LYC announcing its revenue and product volumes so all
    this Chinese opaque clap tap is clearified and that we can get on with investing
    based on clear fundamentals.

China's politicisation of trade wlll, IMO, backfire on it and LYC is very well positioned to benefit.

The LAMP is now pumping out $24 mil/month of product which only needs
    finishing to customers' specs. This is serious money higher transitional costs will be offset by the concentrate having being already accounted for in previous
    quarters (stockpiles in Aus produced a year ago.)

Cheers
    Moorookamick

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.