QPM 2.22% 4.4¢ queensland pacific metals limited

Composure is needed, but I'm sure there are Better Days ahead,...

1. 686 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1488
    Composure is needed, but I'm sure there are Better Days ahead, even if it feels there is a Long Way To Go.

* Overnight: While Wall St had a big bounce, lithium and battery metals stocks took a hammering as more US auto & cell makers have touched the brakes on their EV plans. I'm unsure how this will affect their compliance with the government's target to make half of all new vehicles sold in 2030 zero-emissions vehicles...at least the big three US automaker workers have secured a better days deal on pay. (Currently US EV sales are ~8%!).

* Yesterday, the AFR carried a piece about concerns Indonesia could be allowed a side entry into the IRA moshpit:
    https://www.copyright link/companies/mining/wyloo-chalice-bhp-sound-alarm-over-biden-s-jakarta-nickel-deal-20231029-p5eftr

Hard to see that happening without many of the JV projects incurring the wrath of the FEOC bouncer that @pattyr Post #: 70642965 highlighted.

* Today: We've a new neighbour at Lansdown - https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/lansdown/announcements
    Australian owned Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners (Quinbrook) has been conditionally allocated a 200-hectare portion of the total 2200-hectare Lansdown site through a Council-run competitive tender process.Quinbrook proposes to develop and build a state-of-the-art polysilicon manufacturing facility at Lansdown, powered by a large-scale solar and battery storage project it plans to build on land adjacent to Lansdown.

* Last week - Maybe the Quinbrook announcement makes a little more sense of TCC's October meeting item 24, which was held confidentially, regarding a land acquisition to widen Lansdown's No Name Road:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5698/5698872-7d7375bd8549e473e3312d459d04595b.jpg
    IMO all reasons showing support for Lansdown soon becoming a reality...

With SG stateside as part of the PM's AUS-US Compact mission, I hope he took the opportunity to visit SGS Canada to get firsthand information on their latest piloting cobalt testwork, check in on Hatch HQ (both in Toronto) as well as KBR management, headquartered in Houston. Perhaps get a look at the 4680 cell nickel-rich Cybertruck?

Plenty of potential associated news to build momentum in the next quarter:
    - Albo's return from China next week perhaps before any follow up to the critical minerals $ injection announced last week / first National Reconstruction Project funding announcements
    - US reciprocal initiatives from Albo's visit in the critical minerals space (EXIM $ for $ perhaps with EFA for projects with US involvement...)
    - Concrete political/economic outcomes from the MSP meeting earlier in October
    - QLD Govt REFF funding? Thanks @Tadgh Post #: 70626502
    - Testwork results to flow in from Toronto and Glen Innes to hopefully finalise the independent technical expert's requirements to sign off on the flowsheet
    - Perhaps jogging K-SURE out of Sleeping My Day Away
    - All things MGP related - TPS revenue, well work over& optimisation, new tie-in points and drilling program
    - AGM update/Q&A with holders

Plenty I've missed I'm sure...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $88.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $228.6K 5.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 159614 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 374204 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ 3443694
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.