QPM 0.00% 4.5¢ queensland pacific metals limited

Well thought out investment strategy and honest QPM review...

1. 685 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1486
    Well thought out investment strategy and honest QPM review against it @Diggersrest.
    TBH my confidence has been battered since the AFS, but I'm a little more optimistic than you I'd say across your four categories.

* People - Have thought SG was doing too much, and it's been good to see Dwayne, David and John do presentations and interviews this year; hopefully freeing up our lead for clarity and energy on the critical path items.
    * Property - Agree, Lansdown has the support of all levels of government but this means little if FID isn't reached.
    * Info - As an incredibly technical project with many co-products and innovative aspects, there should be a constant stream of progress reports. Here's where your macro comments in the People section are true and have hamstrung us IMO. I've been particularly disappointed with our partners who are responsible for their sections of works (Lava Blue for HPA; SGS Canada - where are the cobalt results?; hematite piloting only happening now??), but am realistic that the post-COVID period has been very difficult for businesses everywhere with logistics constrained, construction costs way up and workers hard to get.
    * Reputation - I still am positive on this one as this is what is crucial for current dealings and for future legacy. My belief is the team are getting their ducks lined up, and I'd like to think are like ducks themselves - calm above water, yet paddling furiously below tying all the workstreams together.

While the QPME aspect may still have many thinking it is expansionary or a red herring distraction, after reading the July 2023 French IGF Review on the New Caledonia nickel industry (https://www.igf.finances.gouv.fr/igf/pages-hors-navigation/liste-de-tous-les-rapports-de-mi/avenir-de-la-filiere-du-nickel-e.html & then drop the file into Google translate) I disagree, and believe it has been a QPM smart move to counter one of the macro hurdles (OPEX) that have shut financiers wallets.

One of the key findings is that while the NC nickel processors have shown negative results over a decade, all raw ore exporters has been profitable.
    Why are those 'with metallurgical activity' struggling?
    Decreasing sulphide nickel content, plant technical problems, social climate and La Nina weather conditions are some reasons, but the major one is energy cost:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5731/5731529-2d68026fa8cbbb8caff5fd2207dc0f83.jpg
    Currently Indonesia is doing all it can to get it's foot in the door of the IRA ecosystem. While that might appear scary, if we ask ourselves why, we may see that it's being done because they're facing their own significant challenges: Smelting over capacity, declining ore grades and diminishing ore reserves; low ESG through high emissions intensity, poor ecological & HR practices; as well as the FEOC aspects of Chinese ownership in nickel projects there. And like Pie has shown, nickel producers everywhere are hurting at present with low prices, Indo's are no different; hence their quota system introduction to boost pricing and their industry's longevity

Vale trying to do some greenwash PR:
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/11/03/nickel-mining-has-to-be-a-low-carbon-process-says-ceo.html
    And you have to wonder at the Indonesian understanding of what a green smelter can look like. It seems they are comparing to the worst in the industry not the best:
    https://vale.com/pt-vale-and-pt-bnsi-inaugurate-the-construction-of-the-integrated-low-carbon-nickel-mining-and-processing-project-in-morowali

This Thursday's Noosa conference preso is SG's chance to refresh the QPM story with a near-FID lens (IMO really hammer the ESG best in class and comparisons with the rest of industry) with IRA insight from the US trip and updates on the technical programs (hopefully US side-trips, and locally from Glen Innes).
    I'm thinking there may also be a juicy announcement prior what.png

Last edited by MtnMusic: 13/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $92.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $178.5K 3.970M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 172539 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 359583 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.16pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.4¢ 2782802
Last updated 13.38pm 03/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.