QPM 0.00% 4.1¢ queensland pacific metals limited

Yes it was pretty sarcastic. The headline value sounds great but...

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Yes it was pretty sarcastic. The headline value sounds great but it doesn't reflect the reality of what boom & bust construction cycles do to a city. When Gladstone was in the throes of the LNG construction boom there were so many people living in cars all over town, the '2 bedroom' unit opposite me had 6 men living in it who were hot swapping beds between day and night shift (god knows how they never washed the sheets). So many rentals or houses were snapped up by Bechtel at premium prices which drive out the locals and low income folk, and I hear from my friends in real estate that Bechtel are madly snapping up rentals again so I guess they're about to start on Stanwell's hydrogen facility very soon. You'd see lots of fights in town too, especially on Sunday night when all the FIFOs would arrive and then drink before the ferries took them over to Curtis island.

And after that you're left with a workforce that's primarily FIFO who take all their earnings and spend it on the Gold and Sunshine Coast instead of putting it back into community businesses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $82.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11357 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 102512 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.