QPM 6.82% 4.1¢ queensland pacific metals limited

I had a long post and HC are it. Really comes down to how the...

1. 250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I had a long post and HC are it. Really comes down to how the government defines this. Historically QPM would be classed as a "refiner", same as the Gladstone industries and things like Pilbara lithium. "Manufacturing" is typically things like Austal's aluminium extrusion facilities, train carriage construction etc etc. it's doubly interesting that they're announcing it on Qld, which while they've got the state election coming up, it's also home to substantial arms manufacturing around Gympie and Maryborough.

If we read between the lines and guestimate that this is mostly about preparing the country for possible war in Asia, then you'd think they'll look at the entire production chain from mining to manufacturing, but if it's just about getting some RAH RAH nationalism behind buying Australian then they'll probably just keep it to the end factories.

Whats interesting to me is the push to get super funds more involved, considering they already heavily invest in the industry. Considering many of our largest miners and energy assets are foreign (Chinese) owned, are they planning to cap Asian investment and substitute the difference with Commonwealth and US backed pension funds? Might be a better step then potential nationalisation in the event of war.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.1¢
Change
-0.003(6.82%)
Mkt cap ! $82.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.1¢ $231.1K 5.339M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2200954 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 40854 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.2¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 4.55 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.2¢ 2176004
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.