QPM 0.00% 3.6¢ queensland pacific metals limited

1. The Market Online J. Davidson 15.5.24 said"Miners have proven...

1. 1,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 357
    1. The Market Online J. Davidson 15.5.24 said

"Miners have proven to be the big winners of the 2024 Budget released by Canberra overnight, with $7bn in spend for critical minerals leading to positive market sentiment today.

“This Budget establishes a Critical Minerals Production Tax Incentive for eligible processing and refining costs from 2027–28 to 2039–40 to incentivise investment in refining and processing of the 31 critical minerals currently identified on the Government’s Critical Minerals List,” theBudget papersread.

“[This comes] at an estimated cost of $7.0 billion over the decade.”

Australia’s Critical Minerals List wasmost recently updatedin February of this year to include nickel. (I assume also cobalt- my words, & emphases)...

In turn, stocks that dabble or dwell solely in any of these minerals are all seeing a sentiment boost today lead to gains on the market".

Critical minerals stocks all shoot up following overnight budget details | 2024-05-15 | HotCopper

Will this eventually benefit QPM's mothballed TECH, & by how much?

I assume TECH, which has had major cost blowouts to $2b+ [& ongoing], can only be revived if there is a strong & "seemingly permanent" rise in the Ni price, to well above US $20k pt (which might only occur if western countries exclude, &/or place further heavy penalties/tariffs etc. on, Chinese-made EV's; & Indon non-ESG, cheap, & very dirty, Ni laterities (in EV batteries).

2. Sadly, more widespread rioting, & now 4 deaths, in New Caledonia.

4 dead in New Caledonia riots; France declares emergency, blocks TikTok - Nikkei Asia

How long will these severe tensions last? Almost certainly, France & Australia will be very concerned.
    Any way they can boost NC economic prosperity/ameliorate the unease by enacting policies that produce good profitability for the currently discarded NC Ni laterite wastes?... QPM TECH imports?

3. I don't expect either of the 2 developments I noted above to have any positive effects on the SP in the near term (unless Ni prices were to explode soon to c.US$ 25k- unlikely... but Ni had a big jump of 2.69% last night, to US 19564, its 2nd highest price since c.18.9.23).

The stench from this $19m CR ($8m for Corporate Costs & Working Capital!...groan. Let's hope the other $11m will succeed, eventually, in delivering QPME "Growth"), dilution, & the shorting of QPM just after the March Quarterly, will linger ie lower SP.
    Last edited by Montalbano: 16/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $90.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ $51.98K 1.444M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1014683 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 499850 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ 365323
Last updated 15.22pm 31/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.