ORR 0.00% 56.5¢ orecorp limited

Can someone more experienced in this type of takeover (ie not a...

1. 104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Can someone more experienced in this type of takeover (ie not a full takeover) provide some information/clarity.

Its looking likely they will succeed the minimum and depending if they get to 75%/90% potenionally trigger a compulsory takeover of all shares.

I'm starting to think I may not sell my shares and remain an Orecorp shareholder. Reasoning at (50.1% and less than 75%), Orecorp still owns the asset and we have big shareholders on the books ie PRU, SVM, Morgan Stanley and Samson Rock which would give you every confidence that funding is not going to be an issue. The management would change but the upside (to me) is exciting.

Why has Morgan Stanley and Samson Rock suddenly appeared and why hasn't SVM sold their shares now that they pulled out of the race.

PRU will only get ownership (directly or indirectly) of the asset via compulsory 100% takeover. On this scenario a new price has to be offered and surely at higher price than current offer which in my opinion is average. If this is the case remaining shareholders would receive payment 2 months after the current offer is paid to shareholders who accepted the offer (indicated in the Bidder Statement).

I personally believe the upside is greater to hold on but I am confused on which way to go and sure many other shareholders would be wondering the same. Maybe I'm crazy, lol.

Obviously if they do not achieve 50.1%, then the above is irrelevant unless PRU waives this condition..

I posted this as it would be good to get the thoughts of others on what the post offer period would look like on expiry. All the above purely my opinion, not advice so do your own DD.
    Last edited by slammin: 02/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.