if it was that far away and you could make out, with your eyes...

1. 7,404 Posts.
    if it was that far away and you could make out, with your eyes alone, physical features , of at least the shape of the thing, it must have being a mother.

i'm assuming that there is no pictures or video footage of these objects, to the degree of being able to see distinct physical features, as they enter the Earth's atmosphere?

once i was looking out across the ocean in the dark early one morning and saw (the light of) an object.
    it was pretty close, within the atmosphere, because i could see it comming down on a sharp angle to wards the ocean, quite fast, but not as fast as a shooting star.
    it felt like it was perhaps within 10km's away.

i'm picking it was a decent size by the amout of light it was emitting
    not sure if the light was in a straight line wen i caught sight of it, but it spooked me because it's path made three connected decending cup shapes (as in TA cup and handle) at speed (within about 1 second)

i was expecting some big since it was travelling into the ocean, but as it got close to the ocean surface, the light disappeared, then nothing, not even the slightest noise.
    needless to say i jumped into the car and hid behind some some tall plants, thinking that it might have being a ufo.

now that i think about it, the cup shapes could have being due to the object not being symmetrical, and rotating with the hot end being lit up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.