asteroiders asx1900 index 6 mth shorting chart

1. 18,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Here is my shorting chart that shows the level of shorting activity for the last 6 months across the 1928 stocks I currently track.

You can see an almost linear rise in shorting between days 109 and 7.

Shorting has accounted for approx 19.39% of all volume over that period, and if you assume that there is an equal level of covering, then the visible** shorters have probably accounted for 38.78% of the volume.

Figures are from the daily ASX gross short reports FWIW.

**I suspect from watching some of the more illiquid stocks that some shorting does not appear on the ASX report, and I think this is somehow related to fund indexing of those stocks due to observed market wide simultaneous sxxt crosses.
    I would be interested if anyone can enlighten me as to how some stocks are shorted without disclosure. This was also widely reported as happening during the short ban over a year ago.

>>

My new chart in prep for the long overdue new short report slated for release 01/04 and now supposedly due on 21/06 (april fool!).
    Hopefully the new report will show accumulated short positions as well as daily activity.
    Shorters are trying to delay the report because it will interfere with the use of the tool for value destruction in corporate warfare.

>>

As always; DYOR. My figures may contain errors, my code could be flawed, my brain could be addled.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.