STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

OK would genuinely love to know more about what this entails? I...

1. 422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    OK would genuinely love to know more about what this entails? I have been around the markets for 30 years also but never come across this and the old oracle of knowledge, google, didnt show up anything either from what I could see. Any chance you may be able to expand a little further re this mate?

PS I certainly dont disagree that the price has been held down after watching buying/selling behaviour in detail in IRESS over recent months. A common technique to force the price lower on the close (normally a cent or so below market VWAP for the day) is in the final match period (4-410pm) where the sell side algos add ONE additional share only to the sell side forcing the price to a lower price band as the closing price for the day. It obviously happens automatically - and effectively instantaneously - in the final match period for the day and its a very obvious and blatant way to ensure the price closes at a lower point than the market VWAP for the day, hence potentially impacting sentiment of market participants and also potentially impacting the dynamics of black box software recommendations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.