MAH 3.57% 29.0¢ macmahon holdings limited

Hi HogesNT,The fact that MAH may be added to the ASX200 does not...

1. 673 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hi HogesNT,

The fact that MAH may be added to the ASX200 does not guarantee a rise in the share price for various reasons including:
    1. smaller cap fund managers are force to sell down their MAH holdings, often negating any buying up of shares by larger fund managers.
    2. larger fund managers dont have to add MAH to their portfolios......and if they do add MAH, they dont have to do it straight away. Sometimes they dont begin buying newly added stocks to the ASX200 index until 3 months after the stock has been added.

There was an AFR article about exactly this very thing approximately 6 months ago.

Because I am such a stockmarket nerd, I cut out articles of interest from the AFR and keep them in a bottom drawer. I think I may have cut this one out. So I will hunt it down and give you the date the article came out and perhaps some additional information / quotes from the article.

For the record, I hold MAH and think that LEI will eventually make a takeover offer. But that is purely speculation.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.010(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $624.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.0¢ 29.5¢ 28.0¢ $900.0K 3.133M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 61864 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 18769 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.