WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

ASX announcement changed to a news release only? - Olay China, page-274

1. 1,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 354
    Mak

"We all need to remember too as dossant still seems a little confused that royalty will be on all cream sales, "

I think that dossant has a right to be confused. Where has it be been stated officially, under the new terms of the agreement signed just recently, that this is the case? The waters are very muddied with regard to how royalties will be paid. The company line is that we will never know the details. My personal view is that the new agreement only applies royalties to the marginal increase in sales for any given P&G product. That would make more sense and is in line with the recent reporting of the increased sales effect of the wand on SKII eye cream ( and, by the way, where is OBJ's share of that increased revenue that P&G accrued?? - either the royalty rate was very low or OBJ has yet to have its fair share from the "spectacular success" of the eye wand!!! - almost two years on...). P&G is a smart operator and it would make no sense whatsoever to pay royalties to a company like OBJ for future sales on a product that has already been in the market for years without being able to quantify a substantial increase in their bottom line.. That is just plain business logic.

Some posters on here would have you believe that OBJ technology will be in every P&G product! Let's keep this in perspective....So far, OBJ tech is in TWO P&G products, and only in Asia. "Well done" to OBJ management for that achievement - a remarkable effort for a small WA company. However, it is only ONE product in the SKII brand of over 60 products and ONE product in the Olay stable of many more products. I accept that there is the "promise" of more to come but at the moment it is just that, promise. There has been plenty of that over the last 8 years, but precious little revenue. It will be revenue that will dictates where the SP finally settles. So far the current SP reflects only revenue expectations NOT reality. If those expectations are not met by earnings that, at least, pay the ongoing expenses then holders will become even more impatient than they have been recently. In my opinion, the only way OBJ will have revenue of $20 million by the end of 2017 is by selling (not leasing) the majority of the technology in their possession. But I doubt that will happen, the genie is out of the bottle and this is no longer "new" technology as a few other posters have pointed out. Interesting times ahead but I have a feeling that it will be this time next year before we know the true state of play regarding initial royalty payments, assuming the Olay launch isn't another "soft" launch (whatever that is supposed to imply!). Until then there will be wild claims of an SP of $1 by Christmas, $100 million in revenue by 2018 and the like here on HC. Those claims were made in 2014, 2015 and now in 2016....maybe they will come true in 2017 (stranger things have happened!) but I very much doubt it. GLTAH.
    Last edited by hopeful2: 07/09/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.