Amazing, i couldn't even find anything about this only in Wall...

1. 1,971 Posts.
    Amazing, i couldn't even find anything about this only in Wall Street Journal. I wonder if it was sabotage ?

ASX Bond Futures Platform Crashes After Data

By Enda Curran
    Wall Street Journal

ASX Ltd.?s bond futures trading platform crashed Wednesday, just days after Singapore Exchange Ltd. bid 8.4 billion Australian dollars (US$8.2 billion) for the stock and futures market operator.

The trading platform went down after third quarter inflation data prompted a scramble for front-end bonds as traders bet the central bank won?t need to hike rates next week.

The ASX blamed a system error for the crash, which stopped the ASX 24 trading platform from matching trades. Buy and sell orders are matched in the ASX?s electronic machine engine in milliseconds to make an official trade. Trading resumed in core products such as bond futures just over 90 minutes later.

Traders were scathing of the outage, citing expensive trading costs associated with the ASX and complaining of previous system crashes. Interest rate futures traders were especially caught given the inflation numbers were softer than anticipated, dousing expectations of a rate hike by the Reserve Bank of Australia next week.

Singapore Exchange?s takeover bid for the ASX has sparked an outcry among some key lawmakers in Australia who question whether the deal is in the national interest, citing Singapore?s record on democracy and the freedom of speech.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.