MSB 2.22% $1.15 mesoblast limited

This came from our cool friend... which I'm aligned with,...

1. 12,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3363
    This came from our cool friend... which I'm aligned with, basically GG will get as close to 20% as possible and take it from there

He sees avery cheap investment given the massive upside leverage. He talks to people insurgical centres managing back pain. He knows that if a partnering deal is donethe price will shoot upwards, and there may be other contacts he has to makehim confident.

He is nowthe controlling shareholder. There is no major insto support. SI owns less than7%. If he were acting in concert with SI, their combined holding would now beover 20% - that could be regarded as a relevant interest in over 20% if theywere acting in concert - so I presume that they are not regarded as associatesunder the Takeovers Code.

That wouldmean GG is free to buy up to 20% before making a takeover bid. He could remainbetween 19-20% for 6 months and then "creep" by 3% every 6 months.

FIRB couldbe a consideration but generally an American could buy 20% before notifying aslong as the market cap is below $A1.427m or $A1.25 per share. I don't know ifBahamanian citizenship complicates that. Meso hasn't been declared critical forforeign investment, so that isn't currently a problem either.

It lookslike he is progressing towards 20% - then he can decide how well the company isbeing run and whether he needs more control to get the best outcomes. PF justtook up a key role on the Board and the Chair was tossed - so things areimproving.

He hasalways bought on both markets - he then generally converts his Aussie sharesinto MESO ADRs via the Custodian Bank (as I have described in the past).

See myanswer to Dre above - I can't look into GG's head, but I would've been doingexactly the same thing with the money that he has available.

I would getas much as possible before being forced to make a takeover bid (which is 20%)and then try to influence the Board to make much better financing decisions andget a proper CEO and a full time (non interim) CFO. I would keep SI doing thescientific work.

If I wereGG, I would've pushed very hard to underwrite the last CR, and would've done itat 40c and squeezed the shorts hard. I have outlined all of this multipletimes.

Aftergetting to 20% I would take my time to decide whether a takeover bid was thebest way to go, given where the company is positioned with FDA, trials, cashburn etc. But GG may have already decided this.

A bid wouldhave to be done at least at the highest price paid in the 4 months prior tomaking the bid - so if he bids, it will be above current prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.15
Change
0.025(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $1.313B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.16 $1.19 $1.13 $8.289M 7.186M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22569 $1.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.15 105374 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.15
  Change
0.025 ( 2.46 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.16 $1.19 $1.13 1229288
Last updated 15.59pm 22/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.